This is a very tasty recipe that you can make with very few ingredients, only to cheer up the puff pastry cake with a nice topping you need a little more ingredients.
Furthermore, the cake consists of puff pastry, your favorite cream fruit yogurt, and gelatin. Nice and easy. With the first bite of this cake, I got that “compose-eating feeling”. Not the unruly, you can just pick up this cake and take a bite out of it, but the crispy bottom and the soft filling provided the effect for me. Maybe it was also the pink color.
Nice and fresh
You actually determine the taste of the cake yourself. The yogurt makes it very fresh, choose cream yogurt, which is a bit firmer in itself than the more watery regular yogurt. I chose a raspberry and strawberry flavor (because I liked the color so much), but would you rather go for something from mango – lemon – blueberries – it all works. You dissolve gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water. You heat a few good tablespoons of the yogurt in a saucepan and stir in the gelatin. Then you stir this through the rest of the creamy yogurt. As a final step, divide it over the puff pastry base and hop into the fridge. That is it! And of course, decorate it nicely when it comes out of the fridge. Preferably you make it the night before, then you know for sure that the filling has become nice and stiff!
Ingredients for 8-10 pcs.
1 roll of puff pastry
500 ml fruit cream yogurt (strawberry & raspberries for example)
100 gr raspberries
1 sprig of mint
4 sheets of gelatin
1 piece of dark chocolate (to garnish)
Material cake pan of 20 cm, preferably with a removable bottom
That’s how you make it
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (electric) or 180 degrees (hot air). Butter a 20-24cm cake pan.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a circle and line the cake tin with it. Prick the bottom with a fork and put it in the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the bottom from the refrigerator, line it with parchment paper, and then fill it with dry beans, uncooked rice, or if you have special baking beans you can use them. The intention is that the bottom and raised edge will not bulge too much. So you bake the bottom blind first. Place the bottom in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and filling (dry beans, rice, etc.) and place in the oven for another 10 minutes until the bottom is nicely crispy and golden brown.
- Put the bottom in the fridge for a while to cool.
- Make the filling. Dissolve the gelatin in cold, cold water. Squeeze the leaves. Heat a few tablespoons of the fruit yogurt in a pan and mix in the gelatin. Spoon the mixture into the rest of the yogurt and add half of the fresh raspberries (use the rest for garnish). Spoon the yogurt into the base and refrigerate to allow the fruit yogurt to stiffen (4-5 hours or overnight).
- Garnish the yogurt cake with the rest of the raspberries, mint leaves, and chocolate chips.
Find even more cake recipes here
Puff Pastry Tart with Fruit Yoghurt
1 roll of puff pastry 500 ml fruit cream yogurt (strawberry & raspberries for example) 100 gr raspberries 1 sprig of mint 4 sheets of gelatin 1 piece of dark chocolate (to garnish)